יום ראשון, 26 ביולי 2020

I wish always to have eyes / Nathan Zach. tr. Prof. Eitan Medini


נתן זך, ׳אֲנִי רוֹצֶה תָּמִיד עֵינַיִם׳, כל החלב והדבש, עם עובד, 1965, עמ' 20

I wish always to have eyes / Nathan Zach
 translated by Prof. Eitan Medini

I wish always to have eyes to see
The world's beauty and to praise
This wonderful beauty
In it there isn't a blemish and to praise
And its so whole, whole of beauty

And I will never wish to be blind
To the world's beauty as long as I live
I will give up other things but will never say enough
To see this beauty in it I live
And in it my hands walking as ships and think too and they
Bravely creating my life, and nothing less
Than this, so patiently, endlessly
Patiently.

And I never cease to praise, yes,
To praise I will never cease
And when I will fall I still will rise -
And even for a moment.
So no body could say
He fell. But he rose for another
Moment to praise
With his last eyes
Will not cease to praise what is
Praiseworthy

אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה